Tour the Ayres/Knuth Farm
Located to the north of the farmhouse, on the semi-circular driveway, is the garage, a squarish, single-story building which dates from the 1920’s. This simple structure rests on a 2′-0″ stone foundation which has been covered with a thick coat of cement stucco. Two wooden garage doors are located in the east gable end and 1/1 windows light the unpartitioned, unfinished interior. Horizontal lapped siding covers each elevation. Charred roof rafters and wood lintels, particularly those located on the north side of this small building, attest to a construction date prior to 1936.
The Garage in 2016.
Donate to the Ayres/Knuth Farm Foundation
All donations of money and materials are tax deductible under the private, non profit status provisions of US IRS code 501(3) and are used in their entirety for the Ayres/Knuth Farm, Denville, New Jersey.